I often recommend reading for my clients to deepen their understanding of the problem they are dealing with. Below is a list of the books that I am currently suggesting to my clients,
and perhaps you will find them useful to you too.
Infidelity, Betrayals, and Forgiveness
- After the Affair- Janis Abrams Spring
- Forgiving the Unforgivable- Beverly Flanigan, M.S.S.W.
- How Can I Forgive You?- Janis Abrams Spring
- Not "Just Friends" Rebuilding Trust and Restoring Your Sanity After Infidelity-Shirley Glass, Ph.D.
- Getting Past the Affair: A Program to Help You Cope, Heal, and Move On- Together or Apart-Douglas K. Snyder, Ph.D., Donald Baucom, Ph.D. Kristina Coop Gordon, Ph.D.
- I Love You But I Don't Trust You: The Complete Guide to Restoring Trust in Your Relationship-Mira Kirshenbaum
- Intimacy After Infidelity: How to Rebuild and Affair-Proof Your Marriage-Steven Solomon, Ph.D. and Lorie Teagno, Ph.D.
- When Good People Have Affairs: Inside the Hearts and Minds of People in Two Relationships- Mira Kirshenbaum
For Partners of Sex Addicts
- Sex, Lies, and Forgiveness- Jennifer Schneider, M.D. and Burt Schneider
- Deceived: Facing Sexual Betrayal, Lies, and Secrets- Claudia Black, Ph.D.
- Mending a Shattered Heart-Stephanie Carnes, Ph.D.
- Love You, Hate the Porn- Mark Chamberlain, Ph.D. and Geoff Steurer, MS
- Intimate Treason: Healing the Trauma for Partners Confronting Sex Addiction-Claudia Black, Ph.D. and Cara Tripodi, LCSW
- Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts- Claudia Black, Ph.D. and Mari Lee, Anthony Rodriguez
- Surviving Disclosure: A Partner's Guide for Healing the Betrayal of Intimate Trust- Jennifer Schneider, M.D. and M. Deborah Corley, Ph.D.
- A Couple's Guide to Sexual Addiction- Catherine and George Collins
Living with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Asperger Syndrome
- Journal of Best Practices- David Finch
- Life with a Partner or Spouse with Asperger Syndrome: Going Over the Edge? Kathy Marshack, Ph.D.
- Executive Functions: What They Are, How They Work, And Why They Evolved- Russell A. Barkley
Post-Partum Adjustment Problems
- Shouldn't I Be Happy? Emotional Problems of Pregnant and Post-Partum Women-Shaila Misri, M.D.
- This Isn't What I Expected- Karen Kleiman and Valerie Raskin
- The Post-Partum Hasband: Practical Soutions for Living with Post-Partum Depression-Karen Kleiman